The Official Tradeshow of the Paddlesports Industry
Why have more paddlesports brands chosen Paddlesports Retailer over any other show? Simple - because we're laser focused on the paddlesports industry and the retailers that serve it. Here are some key differentiators for exhibitors -
- Reasonably priced - Paddlesports Retailer charges a flat rate for exhibition space that is anywhere from 33-50% less than comparable national shows. And since we're in a smaller, non-union market, we have hassle-free logistics.
- Buyer buy-in - We recently surveyed 275+ of our inaugural attending paddlesports retail stores, and it is clear that retailers support a paddle-centric show. In fact, over 87% of respondents indicated that they plan to attend Paddlesports Retailer 2018. We believe that retailers want a show where they can work hard but also enjoy time with their friends within the paddlesports industry.
- Taxation with representation - We are reinvesting a significant amount of your exhibitor fees into an incentive fund that offsets buyer travel. And importantly, this fund will be managed by the exhibitor community itself through the Industry Advisory Council and not by Paddlesports Retailer. That gives the industry a direct, transparent voice in recruitment to ensure that the right retailers get to Oklahoma City.
- National / international reach - We are not a regional show. The largest paddlesports brands in the world have endorsed Paddlesports Retailer as the official national show of the industry. We chose Oklahoma City because of the convenience of access for most of the country.
- Timing that works best for everyone - It is obvious that paddlesports retailers cannot leave their stores mid-season, nor can they afford for manufacturers to introduce new product in June, making their entire inventory obsolete. On the other hand, many paddlesports manufacturers have order deadlines in early September necessary to maintain their supply chain. Thus, a late August date seemed to work best for everyone. And our show is intentionally during the work week so retailers can return to their stores before the busy weekend.
- Curated exhibitor mix - The exhibitor mix will be curated to provide the very most efficiency and relevance to our retailers. Our exhibitors will be limited to brands that serve paddlers - specifically paddle / watersports hardgoods, softgoods, and accessories, but also complimentary categories including high-quality footwear, optics, hydration, travel / racks, camping, and technical apparel.
If you are interested in exhibiting at Paddlesports Retailer, please fill out the interest form below. We carefully vet and pre-approve every submission in order to curate the exhibitor mix and ensure relevancy for our retailers. Thank you for your interest!
Note: Both the floor plan and the store registrations list will be updated periodically in the weeks prior to the show.
Paddlesports Retailer Industry Advisory Council
The paddlesports industry has created an advisory board to be an ongoing voice on industry and tradeshow matters. Bill Kueper from Wenonah has been appointed the coalition's chairman. He is joined by Sue Rechner, David Blue from NRS, Jeff Turner from Kokatat, Stig Larsson from Level Six, and Ed Vater from Branches. The group will collaborate with show organizers, Sutton Bacon and Darren Bush, to deliver the very best show experience for retailers and exhibitors.