The Official Tradeshow of the Paddlesports Industry
Why have more paddlesports brands chosen Paddlesports Retailer over any other show? Simple - because we're laser focused on the paddlesports industry and the retailers that serve it. Here are some key differentiators for exhibitors -
- Reasonably priced - Paddlesports Retailer charges a flat rate for exhibition space that is anywhere from 33-50% less than comparable national shows. And since we're in a smaller, non-union market, we have hassle-free logistics. You are free to move in and put up your booth any way you want, you can drive a forklift yourself, and booth storage in Madison is very affordable.
- Buyer buy-in - Our exhibitors recently surveyed hundreds of leading paddlesports retail stores, and it is clear that retailers support a paddle-centric show. In fact, over 80% of respondents indicated that they were likely to attend Paddlesports Retailer 2017. We believe that retailers want a show where they can work hard but also enjoy time with their friends within the paddlesports industry.
- Taxation with representation - We are reinvesting a significant amount of your exhibitor fees into an incentive fund that offsets buyer travel. And importantly, this fund will be managed by the exhibitor community itself through the Industry Advisory Council and not by Paddlesports Retailer. That gives the industry a direct, transparent voice in recruitment to ensure that the right retailers get to Madison.
- National / international reach - We are not a regional show. The largest paddlesports brands in the world have endorsed Paddlesports Retailer as the official national show of the industry. We chose Madison because of the convenience of its Midwest location for most of the country, and also because it is already the home of the world's largest paddlesports consumer show, Canoecopia. Most vendors are familiar with the hall and many have expressed a desire to store both their consumer and tradeshow booths in Madison year-round.
- Timing that works best for everyone - It is obvious that paddlesports retailers cannot leave their stores mid-season, nor can they afford for manufacturers to introduce new product in June, making their entire inventory obsolete. On the other hand, many paddlesports manufacturers have order deadlines in early September necessary to maintain their supply chain. Thus, a late August date seemed to work best for everyone. And our show is intentionally during the work week so retailers can return to their stores before the busy weekend.
- Curated exhibitor mix - The exhibitor mix will be curated to provide the very most efficiency and relevance to our retailers. Our exhibitors will be limited to brands that serve paddlers - specifically paddle / watersports hardgoods, softgoods, and accessories, but also complimentary categories including high-quality footwear, optics, hydration, travel / racks, camping, and technical apparel.
If you are interested in exhibiting at Paddlesports Retailer, please fill out the interest form below. We carefully vet and pre-approve every submission in order to curate the exhibitor mix and ensure relevancy for our retailers. Thank you for your interest!
Paddlesports Retailer Industry Advisory Council
The paddlesports industry has created an advisory board to be an ongoing voice on industry and tradeshow matters. Bill Kueper from Wenonah has been appointed the coalition's chairman. He is joined by Sue Rechner from Confluence, David Blue from NRS, Jeff Turner from Kokatat, and Ed Vater from Branches. They were elected by their peers leaving two additional seats to be filled in a similar fashion in the near future. The group will collaborate with show organizers, Sutton Bacon and Darren Bush, to deliver the very best show experience for retailers and exhibitors.